I am Kathleen Lee, Heart-Centered Acupunturist. Since 2011, I have helped hundreds of folks just like you redefine their relationship to health. This isn't done with some magic bullet or formulaic program. My work empowers patients to tap into the innate ability of the body and soul to heal from within. My goal is to facilitate lasting sustainable changes so that YOU can write the story of your life and your health.
Let's Work Together...
DO YOU WANT TO FEEL EMPOWERED IN YOUR WELLNESS?
- You have had some success in your life but are now at a major crossroads (i.e. separation, career change, major move, etc.) because you are no longer feeling fulfilled. You want to evolve and feel empowered in the choices you are making. You are ready for a change.
- You need support working through belief systems that no longer serve you. But you are afraid of leaving the security of what you know, not appearing perfect or choosing the wrong path.
- You dream of living a life that is more meaningful, connected and reflective of the person you are today. You are ready to nurture your new identity because you know it will deepen your current relationships and attract the connections that you are craving.
- You may be dreaming of starting a family and are finding obstacles along the way. They may be physical (PCOS, endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, etc.) or they may be emotional (difficulty finding flow, grief, fear).
- You wish to resolve some foundational issues (i.e. self esteem, body dysmorphia, perfectionism) from your own life so you don't pass the karma along to your child.
- You are told you have "unexplained fertility" by your reproductive endocrinologist and have nowhere else to turn. You are willing to put in the work to bring reach your peak fertility potential but just have no idea where to start.
- You find yourself lost in conventional medical care where you are told "everything is fine" or "there is nothing to do" when you still experience signs and symptoms that concern you.
- You are aching to find integrative care that addresses your whole being including mind, body and spirit
- You are looking for a health practitioner who doesn't believe in a "quick fix" using the next new fad superdrug/diet/therapy. You believe that signs and symptoms are your body trying to alert you to an imbalance and you need help translating those messages to bring yourself to optimal health.
- You strive to be someone who feels empowered in your own health and wellness but are unsure of where to begin.
Let's Transform Together...
KAT'S UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND RETREATS
We will be diving deep into each of the Five Elements to discover how they manifest in the human spirit and identify their gifts and challenges to unravel your blocks and support your growth. This weekend will comprise of lectures, spiritual coaching integration, group work and yoga to create an environment in which mind, body and spirit all align.
Let's Stay Curious...
FOLLOW KAT'S BLOG
The power went down in Acubalance last week. Which on its own makes for a less than ideal day at the clinic, but what accompanied the power outage was an alarm in the waiting room that beeped every 7 seconds at an irritating pitch and tone. After the first two hours of listening to the incessant chirping in the dark, I quipped sarcastically to my clinical director, “Well, that’s just a lovely sound isn’t it?” In response, he placed his hand on my shoulder, put on his best hypnotherapist voice and cheekily said, “With eeeeeeevery beep, you are going deeeeeeeeper and deeeeeeeper into your subconscious. With eeeeeeevery chirp, you are finding yourself mooooooore and mooooooore relaxed.” He was making a joke, but it got me thinking..this is actually something I do every single day with women who are going through IVF. How do we take a situation that feels negative and rewrite the narrative to hack the brain? And more importantly, why?
As our days here in the Pacific Northwest grow progressively longer and warmer, the heat and energy of Summer will be reaching its apex which allows the fruits and buds of Spring to mature for the harvest in Autumn. There is a beautiful snapshot in time between the rapid growth of Spring and the winding down of Autumn that is embodied by Summer. This is when the world seems to take a pause. Nature’s energy expands, flourishes and blossoms in the Summer. Summer is the time of year when the Fire Element takes center stage and many of my acupuncture treatments focus on balancing this element. In this blog post, we’ll be going over the virtues of the Fire Element and go over some tips to stay in balance in Summertime.
For the last several months, you and your Womb have stretched and expanded to house the tiny bones and organs that contain this Soul you call your child. You watched the impossibly small heart flicker on a screen and felt your own flutter to your throat. Previously, your body felt solid, stable, static. But you rumbled and shifted your tectonic plates to make room for the volume of this child. And in this shift, you somehow feel more rooted, more grounded, more solid than before.
I work with a tool called the Belief Triangle to break down what motivates our actions (See image above). Let’s take a moment to deconstruct the actions that form our everyday worlds. Our actions are shaped by our thoughts which are driven by our emotions. Our emotions are born from our belief system. So therefore, in order to create change in actions that are as hard-wired as addiction, we must first adopt a new belief system. By shifting our mindset at the base level of the belief system, the changes that are made to everything above the foundation are also being influenced.
I feel the most in balance and at home when I am surrounded by Nature. There is no greater medicine than laying back in the earth with the trees above me, my dog next to me, the ground below me and a stream running beside me. This deep gratitude and connection that I have to Nature inspires my clinical work as a Five Elements Acupuncturist.
Read on to learn more about this branch of Chinese Medicine and to take an interactive quiz to discover your own Element.
Have you ever sat around with a group of other women and compared notes on your periods? Someone might say they get the craziest cravings while on their period. Another says that they can’t believe how much blood she can lose without passing out. The woman sitting next to you may say that she misses out on an entire day and a half because she can’t even muster the energy to get out of bed. The worst is when men dismiss our emotions because it’s that time of the month again. No, scratch that. The worst is when we dismiss our own emotions because “I’m just being hormonal again”.
Have you ever hit a wall and realized that giving without receiving is unsustainable? Do you know what it feels like to have your needs neglected over the needs of other people by the most important person in your life….yourself?
How many of these statements do you identify with?
“Why is it so easy for everyone else to have babies except for me?”
“It’s so hard whenever one of my friends announces that they are pregnant. I want to be happy for them, but I can’t help but feel resentful that it’s not my turn.”
“I feel broken.”
“I’m at a crossroads in my fertility journey and I have to make this very important decision, but I feel frozen. Can’t someone just tell me what to do?”
“What if I can’t have a baby?"
“What is wrong with me?”
After the depth, introspection and hibernation of Winter, Spring is always a welcome sight. Here in Vancouver, we just had a late season snowfall that blanketed the entire city in a flurry that made me want to stay snuggled up in bed for just a bit longer. This week, however, we’ve had moments of blue sky peeking through the clouds. After living in California my entire life, moving to Vancouver has given me a fresh perspective on Springtime and how it influences and manifests in all of us. There are actually seasons here! I go for daily walks in my neighborhood with my pup and it is impossible to ignore the seeds that are germinating, the buds on trees that are bound tight with potential energy. The air seems to vibrate with a spirit that feels barely contained. WIthin us, if we have given ourselves the chance to rest in the winter, spring brings forth a fresh sense of renewal and energy. Creative energy bursts forth like so many brightly colored wildflowers.
Despite the fact that I am a self-professed tomboy who grew up skateboarding and tumbling down streets on BMX bikes with my brother and all the neighborhood boys, I am embarrassed to confess that before this weekend, I had never lit a fire all by myself. I had always had a man around who could do it for me. If you had asked me, I could tell you conceptually what a fire needs -- Kindling, check. Rolled up newspapers, check. Matches, check. This weekend I decided that since I consider myself to be a Five Element Acupuncturist, it was high time that I should build a fire and see what I could learn from it.